Be Physically Fit
Get domains name cheaper than anywhere with 24/7 customer support.
Get a COMPLETE system to help you market your online business
Want to get some advice DIRECTLY from me? Find out how I can help you (one-on-one) with YOUR business. The rates are surprisingly affordable!
Giving a seminar is hard work. It can be fun and exhilarating, but there’s no doubt it is physically draining. It’s important that you come into your seminar room in as good physical condition as you can get. This doesn’t mean you have to be some kind of fitness nut or spend hours every day working out in a gym. (If you’re inclined to do those things, of course, they won’t hurt you!)
The night before your seminar, you should consider following a few simple rules that many seminar leaders have discovered over the decades this business has existed.
- First, eat a light but satisfying dinner, as early as you can. Many seminar leaders report that avoiding red meat the night before a presentation helps them feel more energy in the morning. You might experiment with that. Note that this might require you to arrive in your seminar city a day early rather than simply the night
- Second, get a normal amount of sleep the night before the seminar. It’s important to be well-rested, but if you, for example, arrive at your site city exhausted and then sleep two or three hours longer than you are accustomed to sleeping, you might find that works against you.
- Third, avoid sugary or starchy breakfast foods. Fruit plates, eggand- meat plates (in moderation) or grain and cereal-based foods
- Finally, if you are traveling to present your seminar, call your significant other before you go to the seminar room, assuming time zones allow that. This will both provide you encouragement and remove or reduce the likelihood that you’ll be dwelling on home concerns when you should be focusing on the room and your attendees.
- Another technique that helps me greatly in dealing with the stress of staging an event – or even just being in this business! – is meditation. It’s definitely worth you experimenting with it to see how it works for you.
before, so that you can get a meal before too late at night, local time.
are a better regimen than donuts, pastries, and waffles.