How to Write an Information Marketing Plan
If you want to succeed as an info products marketer, you need to have a plan. Not a plan in your head, but a very specific written plan. This post is all about how to write an information marketing plan.
Here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
1. Make it written. It’s funny how people get more done when they write down what they are going to do. This is true regardless of the field you’re in. It’s always great to THINK about what you want to do, but when you commit it to paper, it seems to get done more often. Don’t look at this element and think to yourself: “yeah, right!” This is a mandatory element of success.
2. Make it Specific. Yes, you need to put it in writing, but the plan you create must be specific. Don’t just write: DO MARKETING FOR YOUR SITE. Instead write something like: Do 3 written blog posts and 3 video blog posts every week. You will get a lot more done the greater the amount of specificity to your plan.
3. Make it Achievable. Don’t put anything down in writing that you KNOW you won’t be able to do. Your plan must be done in such a way that you know with 100% certainty that you can in fact do it. This is not a DREAM sheet, it is a daily to-do list of things that must actually get done if you’re going to be a success selling info products.
4. Vary the tasks. Give yourself things to do that aren’t all the same. If you’re like me, you hate repetitive tasks. If you liked them you’d probably be working on an assembly line and not selling info products. Your information marketing plan, like exercise should have variety. Because when you have a lot of different things to do, it makes it easier to do all of them.
5. Track your results. Getting things done is fine. But, if you don’t know if your efforts are actually paying off, then it’s all worthless. You need to have systems set up to track your efforts. What are you using? Nothing? Then start by attaching Google Analytics to all of your sites. This will give you hard data to see what’s working and what is not.
Do the 5 things when you put together your information marketing plan and you’ll be well on the way to success selling your info products.