If You Are Teachable, You Can Sell Information Products in 7 Days
It seems that everyone wants to learn how to create, market and sell info products. Almost as many THINK they can teach others how to do it. Can anyone really learn how to sell information products? IF they are willing to listen and learn, my answer would be an unqualified YES.
Here are my 5 steps to selling info products in a week or less:
1. Ask yourself – Who are you selling to? If you have a list, it makes it easy. If you’re starting from scratch, you’ll need to be a bit more clever. Start with doing some searching on Google. Go to their keyword tool and see if you can find something that you already know something about that gets a lot of traffic.
2. Ask yourself – What is your best medium? Are you better at writing, audio recording, or video. If you have a face for radio, then a video is not where you want to start. If writing is your strong suit, then stick with an ebook to start. To get started fast, you have to lead with your strength.
3. Ask yourself – What are the 10 most important things that your buyers need to know about this topic. Then come up with 3 or 4 subpoints under each one. Thinking of things this way will create a very good simple outline. Follow it when you produce your product – of ANY variety.
4. Ask yourself – Do you want to make money or paint the MONA LISA? If you’re trying to create a masterpiece, it can’t be done fast. In this business, speed is key. You can always REDO your product, but there is often ONE chance to take advantage of an opportunity. CRANK IT OUT. FAST.
5. Ask yourself – What is the ONE best way you can drive traffic to your site to sell your product? Don’t spend your time thinking about ALL the ways you can drive traffic. Think of the one way you will use that will be easiest for you to drive traffic. Then do it full bore.
Do these five things and you can very possibly produce and start selling your info product within a week. Even if you can’t, you’ll be able to get a great start. A quick start is essential to success, but being able to FINISH is the true indication of whether or not you’ll win the game!