Info Marketer Bob Bly’s 7 Success Factors
Bob Bly and I have worked together for many years. Today he shared 7 Success Factors with his list and agreed to let me share them with you, too. I think he hit the nail on the head with these points.
“I think success is largely a matter of 7 factors coming into alignment:
- Brains. Most of the successful people I know are smart – at least smart in business if not academically.
- Talent. It helps if you can develop a specialized talent that the market is willing to pay for, such as designing computer systems or winning cases in court.
- Aptitude. Some people naturally gravitate towards professions or activities that are lucrative; e.g. real estate investing. Others are attracted to activities that don’t pay well; e.g. poetry.
Hard work. Most of the successful people I know just don’t work smart; they also work hard – even though they may make proclamations to the contrary.
- Persistence. Your chances of winning in the games of business and life increase exponentially if you are persistent and do not give up when faced with adversity, as so many do.
- Luck. Let’s face it: some of us get lucky while others don’t. For instance, one exploration and production company strikes oil while another’s well in the very same field comes up dry.
- Timing. A lot of success is being in the right place at the right time. However, remember this observation from Pasteur: “Chance favors the prepared mind.”
Bob Bly has established himself as a successful info marketer, author and copywriter. He’s drawing on his own experience and what he’s seen in other people as well. Good tips to keep in mind for 2013.