Information Marketing Audio Interview Products
Want to get paid to give advice? This is the program for you. Learn the inside secrets to getting paid to consult, regardless of the field you're in.
Want to get some advice DIRECTLY from me? Find out how I can help you (one-on-one) with YOUR business. The rates are surprisingly affordable!
This 2 day program shows you everything you need to know about starting and building a successful info products business. Nothing is left to chance.
There are a LOT of people selling information products who produce audio interviews and sell them. LOTS of them. Even those that come from some of the bigger names in the field are often less than high quality.
Quite simply because creating GOOD audio products isn’t easy to do. Here are some things I suggest you make sure and have in place to produce TOP NOTCH audio interview products.
1. Make sure that you have a GREAT interviewer. Unless the HOST of your audio program is good, you won’t be able to pull it off. Can anyone LEARN to do this? Yes, but some better than others. Take a look at my program ExpertInterviewer.com to get an idea about how to perfect your skills as an interviewer.
2. Makes sure that you have a GREAT guest. This may sound fairly obvious, BUT, just because you’re interviewing someone who is an expert in their field, they may not be a very good guest. Spend some time talking with people on the phone before you invite them to be a guest and create an audio product.
3. Your guest must truly know their content. A lot of people you’ll find that you want to interview may have DONE something well, but they don’t know HOW or WHY the succeeded. This will be NO help to people listening if all they hear about is how much money your subject has made, but he or she provides no real content about the process.
4. Your guest must know how to teach. There are people who know their content and then lack the skills to be able to show others how to implement what they have done. I’d also exclude these folks from your audio interview list.
5. As the interviewer, YOU must construct, with your guest’s help, a great outline. Without a great outline BEFORE the interview, your chances for creating a great audio program as an information marketer are virtually nil.
6. As part of your outline you need to create a COMPLETE blueprint of the process you’re describing. So many of the audio programs I review leave things out. The net result is frustration for the listener. They’ve in fact been given ALMOST all of the pieces of the “story” but not quite. Often this is done to try and coerce them into buying the NEXT audio product you sell. BAD IDEA.
7. Additional resources should be provided for further study. When someone is done listening to YOUR audio program, they should know who to go for next. Someone who has an interest in your topic, probably won’t ONLY use YOU as their resource. They will look for other “experts” in the field. Why not introduce them to those folks who you believe are the RIGHT people?
8. Content trumps production quality. Every time! I am amused by how some people, particularly speakers, spend a great deal of time worrying about the editing of an audio program. My line at every seminar or speech I give is always: “people will ALWAYS forgive poor production quality, they will NEVER forgive poor content.” This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t care about production quality, but don’t obsess about it!
9. Audio interviews should be as long as they need to be. No longer, no shorter. I’ve had people ask me how long an audio interview should be. The answer is IT DEPENDS! It depends on how long it takes you to fully cover the subject matter so that your listener will know exactly what to do next. You’re done when you’ve completed that task. However long it takes.
10. Don’t leave out the basics. Don’t feel that you’re insulting people to start at the very beginning of any topic. Those who already know the elementary parts will listen and pat themselves on the back while they glide through those parts. Make your audio program something that ANYONE can learn from.
There you have it. Those are my top 10 tips on how to create GREAT audio interview products if you’re in the information marketing field. Feel free to comment on this post and I’ll be sure to give you an answer!