Know Your USA to Market Info Products
The United States of America is changing dramatically, according to USA Weekend, a Sunday supplement section to the local newspaper. Reporter Haya El Nasser weaves the following statistics into his article titled Changing Faces:
- Since 2000 the percentage of non-whites rose from 31% to 37%;
- Average household size is at a record low of 2.55 people;
- Births are down 9% from their peak 5 years ago;
- More than half of PhD degrees are earned by women;
- People over the age of 100 are up 5.8% in the last 10 years;
- Urban populations account for 80% of the US population.
Knowing your topic in order to create your info marketing products is a good start, but you also have to know your target market in context. If you are focusing on sales in the US it is important to take these changes into consideration, along with the current economic and social news.
Basically, it’s a mistake to think that you are writing and speaking to people exactly like you. Your thinking and writing has to reach into the life experiences and desires of a population that is increasingly diverse, single, educated, urban and aging.
It’s a mistake to think that all the followers and buyers of your info products will all be living in the US, however. So, your market on the internet is really the world. Your references and your concepts need to translate clearly into the lives and understanding of people all over the planet, not just the changing population in the USA.