Sharon Livingston’s Interview on Influence – Part 2
If you want to publish a book, this 1-day event is for you. Learn about BOTH self-publishing and how to get picked up by a traditional publishing house
Don't wait for someone else to publish your book, DO IT YOURSELF! This program will give you all the tools to do just that. It's actually simple and easy!
Want to get some advice DIRECTLY from me? Find out how I can help you (one-on-one) with YOUR business. The rates are surprisingly affordable!
1. “The first one is called Reciprocation, the idea that people want to give back to us what we have first given to them. It gives us great power in a situation by being able to determine the tone of the interaction by doing it first.”
2. ”Scarcity. People want more of those things they can have less of.”
3. “The second one is what we call Social Proof, which is the idea that when uncertain, people want to look around to see what others are doing and thinking before they take action. They look to people who are just like them for evidence of what they should do in situations.”
4.” The next one is the principle of Commitment and Consistency, the idea that people want to be consistent with what they already committed to, what they have said or done, or came to believe in the past.”
5. “Our next principle is Authority, the one that says people want to follow the lead of legitimate experts, true authorities in an arena.”
6. ” The last of the six principles is the Liking principle, which is the one that says we prefer to say yes to those we know and like, and I don’t think any of your readers will be surprised to hear that. But there is a little twist to it. There are two things that really cause people to like us. One is similarity; we like the people who are like us, especially in values and attitudes and opinions and so on. Secondly, we like the people who like us and say so by giving us compliments.”