Blogging Ideas for YOU!
Everyone should have a blog. Here are some ideas I’ve come up with that you should use when blogging. I hope they help!
- Write about what your readers will actually CARE about.
- Continue to evolve, learn and study in your area of expertise.
- Don’t write about things others could care less about. SOME personal information is fine, but don’t go overboard. Most people don’t care.
- Write some LONG, IN-DEPTH posts about key topics of interest.
- Share SOME personal info, but not TOO much.
- Timely AND TIMELESS. Post both. Write about stuff that is relevant right now, but also post things that are timeless.
- Get other people to blog about YOUR blog.
- Get people to pick up your RSS feed.
- Conduct expert interviews with people others want to hear from.
- Don’t be too arrogant to answer emails.
- Include photos and videos when you can.
- Create an ONGOING discussion about a topic. Let it go on as long as there is interest.
- Use links sparingly, but use them when appropriate.
- Make it look decent. Not fancy, but decent and appropriate.
- Write quickly, then edit. Let it flow, then check it again.
- Rome wasn’t built in a day, realize it will take time to build a following.
- Don’t be ashamed to give others credit for something.
- Have a SINGLE focus. You can’t be all things to all people. Don’t try.
- Make Your writing clear and easy to understand. Don’t try to be too cute.
- Target what you write about to what makes YOU crazy/excited, etc.
- Talk about things that INTEREST people, not what you had for lunch.
- Write about things that others will want to LEARN and forward to others.
- Don’t overwrite. Don’t write to look like SMART. Write to communicate a message.
- People love lists. Except for that 10 Commandments thing.
- Ask for readers help in getting you noticed. Links, Digg, etc.
- Be controversial. Don’t get your self in legal hot water, but test the limits.
- Be PASSIONATE, but make sure it’s 100% REAL.
- Create your own words and language. Study GLEECKANOMICS!
- Approve comments unless they are REALLY crazy. It’s OK to have others disagree with you.
- Be aware that some people are reading you for the FIRST time on THAT post.
- Write about tools people can use . . . NOW!
- Get noticed by posting comments on other people’s blogs.
- Don’t advertise on the blog itself, UNLESS it is SUPER relevant to your content.
- Read a lot, all the time, and serve as the screener and “digester” for others like you.
- Post when you FEEL like it. This is about YOU and your motivation. Others will feel it when you DON’T “feel it.”
- Write about anything that gets your blood boiling or your heart soaring.
- Post when the spirit moves you, if that’s how you write BEST.
Sites to check out:
Where you can host your audios/videos:
Where you can get great hosting CHEAP:
Where you can protect your content easily:
Where a MAC user can make screen videos:
Where you can “spy” on your competition:
A great way to make a WP site look good: